01 - Card Design Superstar Contest 2018 - MFT Stamps

Hi crafty friends! Welcome back to my blog! Hope you're having a wonderful and creative day.


This card is for the amazing Card Design Superstar Contest – 2018 where you can be one of the 15 lucky winners to win a $250 voucher from My Favorite Things!!! There are 3 categories and I'm planning on participating in all of them. :D 
This marks my third year of playing in this super awesome contest and I know that I'll have so much fun!


This is my first card for the contest and it's for the first category: Clean & Simple Genius
I'm gonna be honest with you. I don't consider myself a genius when it comes to cardmaking. I do love my work, but I always feel that I should do better! I do love the clean and simple style, so I tried to show what I think a CAS card should look (just my opinion) and I hope that you'll love this card.
For me, a clean and simple card should have a lot of white and empty space and just a pop of color. And this is exactly what I tried for my project.


I started my card by preparing a white card base. Then I decided to watercolor a panel using some soft and happy colors and when it dried I adhered it to the card base.
Next I trimmed a white panel the same size as the watercolored one and die cut it using the scalloped curved die included in the Die-namics Stitched Scallop Basic Edges die set. Then I mounted it onto the card using craft foam.


Next, on a white cardstock I stamped a few of the adorable image included in the super adorable BB Happy Hedgehogs stamp set and colored them using Spectrum Noir markers. After I die cut the images using their coordinating dies Die-namics BB Happy Hedgehogs, I mounted them on the white panel. 
To complete the little scene, I stamped a sentiment from the same stamp set and I added a sweet little bird from the BB Happy Hippos stamp set.
I glued a few clear sequins and my CAS card was done.


I hope you'll join me in this contest and you'll have fun!

If you love Instagram like I do, you can follow me using this name: @ralucavezeteu . I post almost every day new cards and different process photos so I hope I'll see you there, too!

Have a lovely day!
And thank you so much for stopping by,


Comentarii